November 5, 2012
Anton Zubov is the bronse prize-winner of WAKO European Championships 
The kickboxer Anton Zubov trained in Vulcan Sports School became the bronze prize-winner of WAKO European Championships held from October 28 to November 4 in Ankara, Turkey.

In the WAKO European Championships Anton Zubov won a bronze medal in the weight category to 69 kg in light-contact and was invited to participate in the World Championships in Rio de Janeiro next year.

Anton Zubov won matches with Italian and Bulgarian kickboxers and in the third match he was defeated by the Russian kickboxer. In general about 1500 kickboxers participated in the WAKO European Championships from 36 countries.


From left to right: Anton Zubov, Yuri Zubov
Ukraine achieved good results in the championship. Ukrainian team took the third place. Ukrainian kickboxers won four gold, five silver and four bronze medals. Yuri Zubov was entitled the best judge and awarded with the top referee category.

"Frankly speaking I am satisfied with my performance. It’s a good beginning. I’d like to mention that I faced the high level of the competition. I keep training to achieve high results in the World Cup in Rio de Janeiro. I’m grateful to everyone who has supported me, "- Anton Zubov, the bronze prize-winner, shared his impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment